Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Is this silly?

Got gifted a Rainwater LP at the Citizen Cope show I went to on Monday.  Hadn't heard anything off of it other than "Keep Askin" and that was at Bonnaroo well back.  Anyways, a lot of the album has static in between songs like you'd normally hear listening to vinyl (hence the "lp" tag on the album, I'd suspect..).  Cracks and pops and whatnot.  Brought me back to all of my parents albums I used to listen to back in the day.  And the time I bought an ODB album on vinyl during the couple years in high school I braided my hair and wore oversized sweat suits.

Anywho...this album is also sold on vinyl.  If I were to listen to the vinyl, in between tracks would I be hearing vinyl static...while hearing vinyl static?  Is that silly to anyone but me?  I'd think this scenario would cause the world to implode upon itself...but I guess not since it hasn't happened yet and I think the album has been out for quite some time.  Ya, Amazon says March.  Something tells me at least one of those suckers has been sold and listened to by now and we're still spinning.  Maybe, as crafty as Clarence Greenwood seems to be (he ties a proficient hair knot..) the "vinyl static" has been removed from the vinyl...but, how would you know?  Right?  Because you'd still be hearing static from the vinyl on the needle.  I need to stop thinking about this; I'm sure no one cares about this but me and I don't care all that much. 

Maybe it's like in Wayne's World when they're all in the studio looking over the set of Wayne's basement and Garth says "We're looking down at Wayne's basement. Only that's not Wayne's basement. Isn't that weird"  Weird, indeed, good sir.  Once again, Wayne's World provides.

Show was solid though, low key vibe.  The stage could have been higher.  I had my boots on and I still struggled to see.  Mother fucking tall people.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment