Friday, June 19, 2009

God Dammit, ESPN; PETA

So I roll out of bed at the ass crack of 11:30 today due to rain and I am excited, because I know there will be two rounds of US Open coverage on the television today, which started at 7:30am and will be continuing ALL day. NBC had coverage yesterday afternoon, which would have been great. Turns out ESPN has coverage this morning, which in and of itself is no big deal. Except some motherfucker executive decided Chris Berman should be the lead on the coverage. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! My day is ruined. I'd watch it on mute but then I wouldn't know who was hitting what because I don't follow golf closely enough to know everyone.

Still, this was said by Chris Berman within 5 minutes of me turning coverage on:
(After a Soren Hanson second shot out of the rough which failed to reach the green and ended up in the first cut about 15 yards from the green)
"Boomer" : Well, I guess you can call him a Hanson, because that was a slap shot.
Other guy in the booth: Well, you just did...
PAINFUL. I've got nothing better to do so I'll continue to watch, but I'm not happy about it...

--

PETA is a Joke (Video of the day...)



Excerpts of AP story below:
Norfolk-based group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the flyswatter-in-chief to try taking a more humane attitude the next time he's bedeviled by a fly in the White House.

"We support compassion even for the most curious, smallest and least sympathetic animals," PETA spokesman Bruce Friedrich said Wednesday. "We believe that people, where they can be compassionate, should be, for all animals."

Friedrich said that PETA was pleased with Obama's voting record in the Senate on behalf of animal rights and noted that he has been outspoken against animal abuses.

Still, "swatting a fly on TV indicates he's not perfect," Friedrich said, "and we're happy to say that we wish he hadn't."

Deputy press secretary Josh Earnest said the White House has no comment on the matter.

Are you kidding me?! Get off your high horse. THEY'RE OVERPOPULATED IN THIS AREA AND ARE DECIMATING THE GRUBWORM POPULATION. Go have a coke and a smile and shut the f up, PETA.

Happy Friday. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment