Saturday, July 11, 2009

Another Saturday night...

I did absolutely nothing today. That was a nice change. A free weekend. I don't feel like I ever do much of anything, it's just I always seem to have something to do. Something I should be doing. This is not the case this weekend. I have nothing on my plate and I plan to keep it that way.

As of right now I am at 50% completion of that goal. Today I slept until noon. Because I could. Well, I woke up at 7am from my slumber on the couch, fed Ernie (my partner in crime until next Saturday), then proceeded upstairs to my bed for another five hours of uninterrupted sleep. Glorious. When I arose at noon:15 I flipped on the tube and finally watched the first season of Eastbound & Down. I ripped EB&D earlier this winter/spring for what I felt was a sad depiction in character for Rod Beck. That was in look only, and I knew that at the time. Really, this character was all John Rocker. I'm sure I'm not the first to have said this; it was patently obvious who they were trying to shit on. But that's neither here nor there.

But having seen the six episode season in its entirety I have to say it was rather amusing. I was planning to watch it straight trough but i fell asleep during the 5th episode for about deuce hours, so I had to go back and watch five again before I finished up around 5:30. That wasn't because the 5th episode lacked anything, just because I figured I could use some more sleep. Hell of a day, in my opinion. Continuing on:

Will Ferrell's character sucked. I'm sick of his shit. I may be the only one on the planet to say this but his shtick is played out and tired. Outside of Old School and some old SNL stuff I'll change the channel as quickly as possible if something of his is on. It's not that it's not funny, it's that it's the same shit over and over and over and over. I, for one, can't take it. Try something new, shithead.

Kenny Powers is funny, but I get a little sick thinking that teacher is attracted to such a shithead. And the ending of the 6th episode, aka the season, is awful. It was like the writers had no way of concluding and had a pretty good idea there would be no second season, so they just quit. Well played, guys. But overall I give it three wings out of five stars.

Hopefully tomorrow brings more of the same. I would very much like to wake up and not leave the house again. Chances are I will make it out; I'd enjoy hitting some golf balls. Other than that it will be another low key day. I'm not mad about that..

--


In honor of Bonnaroo opening one month ago, here's my favorite performance from day one. Remember, it was raining cats and dogs at this time, but luckily we were tent covered.
Zac Brown Band could flat-out play. Hell of a way to open up things, in my humble opinion. And how the top video only has 78 views is anyone's guess, that rendition was badass even with poor vid quality. And below was his set opener. Legit. Cheers (and enjoy..).

No comments:

Post a Comment