Thursday, April 8, 2010

I wrote a poem today..

Morning sun shines on my face through an unshuttered window
and I wipe the salt of the night from my eyes.
My feet touch the floor as I sit on the edge of the bed.
Elbows on knees, I run my fingers through my hair;
scratch the shadow on my chin,
rest my head in my hands and it all makes sense.

I don't know a lick about poetry.  Maybe I'll buy a book and learn myself something new one of these days.  I don't really know what there is to "learn," exactly, however.  Quite a predicament..

I don't work Thursday so I hope to get up and go for a long run, then pick up my check and then look to get something more substantial in length up here.  However, even odds are set that once I'm up I'll just end up at the beach.  We shall see...Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment