Sunday, November 29, 2009

New week

I'm beat.  The holidays tend to do that as people ocme back and there's an obligation to interact with folks on a consistent basis every night.  It's nice knowing a few people actually enjoy my company and come up with fun thinks to do, but man do I get run down.  I ain't as good as I once was.  So I do the best I can and try to stay up as late as I can and not say no when folks who are home want to do things.  Looking at the places I went and the things we did (and my wallet...which is another story for another day) I got after it this weekend.  The simple fact I made it to Gritty's once shows I was in it for the kids.  But to everyone who was home that I ran into Wednesday and the good folks I spent time with Thursday, Friday, and Saturday it really was a lot of fun.  I don't remember the last time I sat and just watched football on a Sunday, not working on something or walking in and out of the room but just sitting and watching football on the TV, so I must thank Craig for kicking me in the ass and getting me over to his house to eat pizza dip, buffalo chicken dip, Sam's pizza and Mac's wings.  He really had to twist my arm.  Those were the good old days.

Ma cooked a 22 pound bird for the four of us...so I've certainly been having my fill of leftover turkey sangwiches recently.  I say this as I have a nice slice of turkey pie in fornt of me.  I can't really be mad about these tasty treats.  And knowing it'll happen thrice more in the near future (our freezers are stocked full of 14 lb'ers..) makes me smile.

--  FInally uploaded my pizza, er, flatbread pic's.  I was happy with the final results.  Ma and Pa were happy with the final results.  If you don't think you would have been happy with the final results  then you don't know shit about shit.  These were high quality and made from (relatively..) local produce and cheeses.  Enjoy..

 
 The first two...BBQ chicken down bottom of pan and margherita pizza topside..
 
 BBQ chicken pizza cooking on stone, and finished cooking..
 
Margherita cooking on stone, and both mid-family-snacking..
 
 On the left is step one: quick heat of the dough over flame, then on the right you have my special meatball..

 Cooking...and el fin.

If your computer had smellevision you'd know they all tasted just like they smelled: DELICIOUS.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment