Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Double Dipping

Threw this on the ol' Facebook profile first, but this is about all you're getting tonight. I'm le tired:

Pending death over the next 4-5 days, if Mike Lowell is not the everyday DH when Youkilis returns then Francona should get fired. Or shot.

Mikey's hitting piss rockets right now. Ortiz couldn't hit his way out of a paper bag. How does it make sense a .300 hitter will sit multiple games in a row so David can bat sub-.220? Short answer: It does not. Lowell deserves just as much loyalty and respect as Ortiz.

I need to stop blogging about sports. I think that this week I've doubled the cumulative output of sports-related blogs. So be it, I suppose. It's what's been on my mind.

O, sidenote: For those of you who don't get NESN it was great to see the RemDog back in the booth last night, if only for an interview. Still didn't sound great. Sounded pretty tired, seemed like he had been all over the park during the afternoon. But hopefully this is a good sign Jerry will be back with Orsillo soon. Eck, it was a nice run. Go paint black and punch out somewhere else. You gotta have that..

Cheers.

UPDATE: I've grown tired of Eck's schitck, but he can pull out some impressive word choices at times. Tonight's gem occurred in the bottom of the 5th inning with the Sox busting things wide open. The Tigers' relief pitcher couldn't find the strike zone, and when he did the Sox put a bat on it. Anyways, Score gets to 6-1 and the bases are loaded and Eck says this:
The kid can't find the strike zone with his off speed pitches. And they're groping his fastball.
Now, Eck might have said "roped" and I just misheard. But if you think I'm not going to try to work "grope" into more situations then you're 100% incorrect. That was perfect, and true. The Sox did have their hands all over those fastballs...

1 comment:

  1. I was at the game last night, and the fan reaction when they showed Remy up in the booth was pretty impressive. He looked a little ragged last night, but I won't complain a bit when Eck clears his cheese out of the booth for Jerry.

    ReplyDelete