Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bits & Pieces..

Did you know that Tater Tots were created in the early 1950's as a way to utilize french fry waste?  Well, now you do know that.  Tell your friends.

--

I've been feeling pretty sickly for the past couple few days so I've been trying to sleep quite a bit.  My sickness has been kind of nasty; it's tough living out here.  I don't know what I was thinking: I worked almost thirty five (35!!!!) hours last week.  WAAAAAY too much.  I really need to slow down.

The last couple days were pretty rough, though.  I was getting the shivers and the shakes and the sweats and generally felt crummy.  Cough.  Mucus.  Sniffles.  The whole nine yards, really.  I was pretty miserable.  Being sick is the anti-cool.

I'm pretty certain I'm rebounding right now.  I have a headache this morning but I think that's more from being dehydrated (a couple too many tall, frothy beverages the night before can do that to you..) than from being sickly.  I bought some theraflu last night on my cycle home so I'm going to give that a whirl once I get down to work.  I suppose it can't hurt, right?

--

Even though I was feeling pretty flat from my cold Sunday evening when I got home from work I happened to flip on the television and the Pac-10 track & field championships were on.  It's really the first time I've just sat back and watched a meet since my coaching stint ended about a year ago.  Holy smokes.  It has been a year.  The last 12 months have hustled on by pretty quickly.  Anyways I think team championships are a lot cooler than the Olympics or anything like that because every point counts.  Oregon has a sick decathlete, too, who won the dec and then won the 110 hurdles and came in second in the 100 the next day.  He's OK.  He broke the world record in the hept. indoors.  No big deal.

But I actually forced myself to watch until the end so I could see the 4x4 relays.  This was the first time I missed the 4x4 since I retired from competitive running a few moons ago.  It's such a cool event but it's absolutely miserable to run.  Way too hard.

Man, those were the good old days.  I'm not saying that I ever want to run it again...because I don't...ever...but watching the event on the TV brought back some good memories of letting the fur fly.

Don't sleep on the bobcats, friends.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment