Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Silliness from May Day: A Preview

This will be brief.  More will (probably..) come later on down the line.  This was my Saturday:

Worked a six hour shift at Hula during the Maui Onion Festival.  The festival took place right outside the restaurant so I could check out live music and bikinis all day.  The bikinis aren't really different than any other day but it seemed more fun than usual on Saturday.

After work I walked outside the restaurant, took off my work shirt and walked into the Festival beer garden.  Sucked'em up for a couple of hours.  Met some Farmer's Market folks in there who were headed across the island to a full moon field party and I had nothing to do that night so it sounded like a good idea.

It did not disappoint.  About 400 people were there and it felt like I was right back at Bonnaroo during a late night set.  There was a huge tent set up, full DJ, trippy-ass videos, bliss lights, and a lot of electronic trance music.  Made it over there around 10pm, got a little silly until 5:30am or so and then headed back home as my ride had to work at 6:30am.  Made it home around seven AM pretty tuckered out.

Let me just say that a good time was had by all.

I found out yesterday that this was not actually a full moon party but a party to celebrate the Pagan New Year.  Whatever you do, don't tell Jesus what I did..

--

The beach calls my name now.  Carry on.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment