Thursday, December 25, 2008

So, this is Christmas...

Waxing poetic as I polish off my second Irish coffee of the morning and fiddle fart around the house until 5 when I watch the Celts at Gipper's prior to the annual Christmas party at the Goose...

...Christmas isn't Christmas without Burl Ives. If you opened presents to any other musical act this morning, you are an infidel...

...it's official. My mother has no qualms about my problem drinking and now actually condones it. We had a low-key Christmas this year. I think I had 8 presents under the trees (Yes, trees. Instead of a fine fur we've buckled the last few years and now have three tabletop fakes. Call me Grinch, I deserve it) and three of them were the following: NY Giants shot glass (best present, in my humble opinion), Celtics shot glass, fifth of Jack. Merry Christmas, indeed...

...the Capone's say f-you to typical traditions. We cooked our Christmas turkey last Sunday, whattayathinkaboutthat?!?!?! Today is straight snack food and finger sangwiches, no reason to get a food hangover on Christ's birthday...

...believe it or not, as of 10:15 Skip is the only one in the family not to have had a drink today. Sorry for the cold temps today, but he just caused Hell to freeze over...

...I apologize to my mommy for falling asleep at 7:30pm last night and not allowing us to keep with the tradition of watching a Christmas movie together Christmas eve (Like two years ago when my mom and I watched American Psycho...Ho, Ho, Ho!!)...Guess we'll have to make it up today with a True Romance screening after lunch...

...even around the holidays I still get shit on by my family. Last night I was belittled because of my fondness for silver (not plastic) ware, and today my mom threw out the "I don't care if you think it's a waste, I still warpped your presents because I (!!!!!) like to!" I say to you: It's the holiday season, excess at this time is okay (at least this is how I rationalize coordinating an H2 limo rental for a mobile holiday party tomorrow evening to my green side...). 'Tis the season!

In all seriousness, I am glad to have the opportunity to spend Christmas with those who matter most, and I wish only the best to everyone and hope you are as lucky as I am. Have a Happy Christmas and I look forward to see many smiling faces tonight and in the coming days. (Holiday) Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment