Sunday, December 6, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like..

Winter.  F.  I hate snow.  Well, really I'm pretty indifferent to snow. Just nowadays I get sad when I see it snowing and I'm without my trusty Little Red Wagon to go out and tool around in.  I was a stupid for selling that thing.  Darn it.  That sucker could fishtail like it was nobody's business when a couple inches were on the roadway.  And it never got stuck.  Never.  Well, except when the engine blew back when I was in college.  But it wasn't stuck, it was just comatose.  At any rate, we got about four inches here.  Maybe five, I'm not sure...I left my measuring stick inside.  I took a nap from about 7pm until 11pm Saturday night so I was up when it stopped and I went out and walked around.  I tried to take some artsy-fartsy pictures but my lil' ol' point and shoot wasn't interested in doing artsy fartsy things in the dark at 2am.  Shucks.  Probably time for me to read the instruction book as I've had it for about two years now.  It still was a nice night.  I started to shovel but stopped before I woke up the neighbors.  I didn't think they'd appreciate me shoveling at 2am.  I'm a nice guy like that.  Anyways I don't have any pictures to prove I was up so you'll just have to take me at my word.

Tomorrow, however, I do promise to get some pictures up of the family tree.  We got after it Saturday afternoon.  For the last couple of years prior to this Ma had gone the fake route, which was OK but not GREAT.  We're back to GREAT this year.  And if you buy a tree, buy a Maine tree.  Well, if you're in Maine and buy a tree then buy a Maine tree.  We've got the best trees of anywhere that I know.  Trust me.  Now it's time for bed; duty calls bright and early as it's back on a roof for this guy after a quiet, eleven day Thanksgiving "vacation."  Yip-pee..  Cheers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment