Saturday, January 16, 2010

Skip turns 55 today

So, Happy Birthday to him.  Other than that I don't have much new tor report.  It's been a pretty low key week.  I like it like that.  I'm still not sleeping well.  Wait, that's not true.  I sleep great, I just can't seem to fall asleep before 4am.  Gross.  So I set my alarm for a reasonable time...then proceed to shut it off and sleep until 1-3pm.  Some life, eh?  I roused myself just after 9am today, so maybe if I can make it through the evening without taking a nap I can get back on track.

With not much to do I've been watching a hell of a lot of television.  I feel like a slug, but I've seen some good movies recently.  Last weekend I saw Hook for the first time in I'd say 15 years.  Well, I saw the first half, and then fell asleep.  Typical.  While watching the first half, however, I was able to irritate my mother when I nailed Toodle's "Have to fly.  Have to fight.  Have to crow," right on cue after Maggie and Jack were taken to NeverLand by Hook.  Irritated may be the wrong word.  Shocked would probably work better.  I can't explain how I do it, but some movie quotes just stick with me as the years go by.  It has taken me nowhere in life but I guess it's better to have one stupid skill than no skills at all. 

Alright, time for some Mac's Grill burgers for Skip's birfday.  I'm excited for the pickle.  Mac's usually has tasty, crisp pickles.  They make a perfect end to a meal.  I'm happy.  And anyone from afar who would like me to have a burger or their wings or anything else for them at Mac's feel free to make a donation to the 'Pad by clicking the "DONATE" link in the right column.  I promise you a glowing report.  Cheers (and I can't believe I'm saying this, but: Go Cowboys.  Fuck You, Brett Favre..).

No comments:

Post a Comment