Monday, January 18, 2010

Snow? Really?

I was informed yesterday by someone who usually seems to pay attention to the weather forecast (Read: Skip) that we were probably going to get a dusting of snow Sunday evening.  Maybe one or two inches, max.  Nothing to worry about.  Great, so let me look outside.....WHAT THE SHIT?!  Needless to say, the forecasters were a bit off.  F you, ten inches of snow.  Not exactly how I wanted to start my week.  Actually having to do something before noon on Monday did not delight me.  O well, I can say I'm a good son for another day.

Since I know you're all interested to know how my tax preparation is proceeding my federal taxes are finished.  I plan to file them tomorrow, if I have enough time in my day...you never know what may come up...but something tells me I'll have the time.  I also went through and did my state taxes on turbo tax after I was finished with my federal ones so I know how much I should get back.  The folks at Turbo Tax charge you if they file your state taxes for you so I'll just do those myself tomorrow, too, since Turbo Tax got all my figures together for free with the federal ones so now it's just fill in the appropriate blanks.  Man, am I smart, or what?  Yes, I'm smart.

I got so bored tonight that I jogged/walked almost nine miles on our treadmill downstairs.  I hate running on treadmills...but I have to say it's not too bad when Family Guy and the Celts are on.  I forgot the Celts were on so I didn't flip them on until the third quarter.  They had a 5 point lead at that point.  I was officially the bad luck fan tonight.  Sorry, fellas.

--

On another note entirely, I've taken up an offer from my good friend Johnny Mac to head to Hawaii to hang out for a few months or so.  He really had to twist my arm.  So on February 3rd I'm flying to Maui for the foreseeable future.  I don't currently have a laptop and I'm not sure if I'm going to buy one before I depart.  I want a MacBook but those shits are expensive.  We shall see.  But sleep well knowing this: No matter where I am and what my limitations are I will do everything in my power to keep this baby spouting stupid shit every couple few days.  You've heard me say it before in reference to other things but this blog definitely started like a new pair of underwear.  At first, it was constrictive.  But now, after awhile, it's become a part of me.  And I like it like that.  I hope you do, too.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment