Thursday, January 22, 2009

I am a slug...

So I played racquetball for the first time this year...and let's just say it did not go well. I have figured a few things out about my not-so-active lifestyle that should probably be remedied. One major thing is I don't fall as well as I used to. Back in the heyday of my racquetball career (about this time last year) I was covering the court like a cat. I was everywhere and floorburns were my middle name. I was laying out then hopping right back up to keep playing and get position back on the T. Today...let's just say I fell like a rock into a lake. I landed hard and was never seen from again. And even with my fat ass breaking my fall it was not fun. These weren't layout falls. These suckers were just unathletic, tired, lost balance flops where I landed flat on my tookus with abosulutely no opportunity to recover.

2nd, I couldn't hit the ball for shit today. I don't know if I need a new contact prescription or what but I couldn't return a jacket to LL Bean today. Strike one! Strike two! Strike three! Strike...shit, you get the point. It was pathetic. I played four games today and scored 16 point. Total. In case you're a racquetball novice games go to 15. I was beaten 15-7, 15-1 (Ya, awful...), 15-4, 15-5. If it was a fight they would have stopped it. If it was a horse they would have shot it. U-G-L-Y.

But I will not be defeated so easily. I will rally. This too shall pass. I will buy a new pair of sneakers tomorrow and my $70 investment will force me to get my act together. Because the only thing worse than a day wasted is money wasted. Write that down. TODAY IS THE DAY. You will see me on a bike by 9:00am Friday morning. Actually make it 10...tomorrow is going to be a slow news day so filling myday with exercise is better than filling it surfing the "internet." Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment