Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Watch out for the Electricity Vultures!

Spread the word. I've known about this for a couple few years but I don't think I mention it enough. Turning off your computer at night (and any other time it doesn't need to be on for long periods) is not enough. Standby modes on monitors, cpu's and other electronics continue to suck current even when you think they are off. Turn off your surge protectors or unplug these devices altogether when they are not in use, pre-programmed settings be damned.
And break down and by some goddamn CFL bulbs next time. They cost as much as a friggin' six pack, it's really not too much to ask. Even better than that turn off the switch when you're not in the room, and use task lighting not fixtures that have multiple bulbs when you're only looking to read. Write all that down and implement it into your daily lives.

Snowed and shitted sleet and ice all day up here but supposedly the mountains are getting 10-12". We were supposed to get 3-6" and got about 1.5" and it switched form snow around 11am so all I have to say is that Joe Cupo is full of shit. Driving wasn't bad, but I give it a 0 on a 1-10 ranking because that's how many snowballs I was able to make today. Cheers (and sorry for the potty mouth. I don't know what came over me, I've tried to be better than that lately).

No comments:

Post a Comment