Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bonnar-(who's with me)?!

Last year I made a late, last-ditch effort to coordinate a road trip of those close to me to make the short trip to Tennessee to attend the Bonnaroo music and arts festival. This years dates are June 11-14 (That's a Thursday-Sunday as I know few of us have calendars handy). I know these are once again convenient for me because my current employer will no longer be paying me then. Unfortunate as it is this should free me up to let the wind blow in my (slowly-but-steadily-growing) flow and set the Blue Angel on a southern course. It's a 4 day event and tickets are $250 [Editor's note: they were cheaper to start but Phish has signed on to play so everyone is freaking out and buying them faster than things that move really fast...if if I miss the boat this year because of those jokers then I'm going to freak out]. I'm not saying it's dead-set in my mind but if I'm able to secure a crew of 2 or (preferably) 3 more people let's get after it and make a week out of it. The acts are always off the charts. I was on the Bonnaroo website last week and the musical features had not yet been announced; however, I know since then they've got them up. I am not writing this from the luxury of a computer which possesses the "internet" so I am not at this time able to name the headliners and the other groups.
[Editor's Note: Here you go, be impressed with the talent. These are just some of the highlights...Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Phish (2 shows), Beastie Boys, Nine Inch Nails, Wilco, *Snoop Dogg,* *Ben Harper and Relentless7,* *Gov't Mule,* *Merle Haggard,* MGMT, moe., The Decemberists, The Del McCoury band, Lucinda Williams, *Citizen Cope,* *Grace Potter and the Nocturnals,* and about 30 others I just don't care quite as much about...*-* are acts I am especially interested in viewing...]
There are a shitload of acts and music and fun is going all day long. Just give me a shout any way you know how to contact me. While (I believe, anyway) I've mellowed in my old age I'm still confident enough to go old-school and GUARANTEE a good time for anyone who chooses to sign on for these schenanigans. I think this could only lead to good things. Cheers.

P.S. If I'm late again it's my own fault because I had been meaning to get some feelers out last month...but if you're serious and not yanking my crank let's make it happen it will be nothing but the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment