Wednesday, March 11, 2009

3 months...

to Bonnaroo. Last night I finally got around to buying a new big CD case so I could store the 20 or so cd's I've acquired since the new year neatly for travel and easy on-the-road listening and my mom asked, "Getting ready for your big trip?" Ya...in 3 months...(I don't even own A gun, nor many guns that would neccesitate an entire rack...) get the net!

Anywho (If ma's excited for me then I HAVE to be excited, right?!), in honor of a pretty good act that I know will put on a rocking good show let me toss up this video of Gov't Mule playing Alice in Chains live a couple of months ago. For those of you who aren't terribly familiar with Gov't Mule they started as an Allman Bros. band side project, one of the original members has since passed on but they're basically a southern rock jam band and they are legit. Ben Harper plays with them quite a bit, some of the Black Crowes at times, they're just well-respected as musicians. I first heard of these guys my first year at Bates. One of my roommates, Lenny-babe, was a pretty big fan. And if you're not familiar with Alice in Chains then get your head out of your ass and go buy Dirt for $6 used at your local music shop. And that's an order.



But, ya, I'm started to get a little bit excited for this trip. I'm confident it will be a good time. Bonnaroo coincides with the CMA Country Music festival in Nashville, too. This is the Superbowl of courty. So, yes, I'll be hitting up Nashville on the way to Manchester. Grip it and rip it. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment